- SPACIOUS ONE BED APARTMENT
- SITUATED WITHIN THE HEART OF DEVIZES TOWN CENTRE
- TUCKED AWAY LOCATION IN ST JOHNS ALLEY
- GAS CENTRAL HEATING
- SITTING ROOM WITH DINING AREA
- KITCHEN WITH RANGE COOKER
- CONTEMPORARY BATHROOM
- AVAILABLE BEGINNING OF MARCH
- BEAMED CEILINGS AND ORNAMENTAL FIREPLACES
A bewitching and incredibly spacious first and second floor maisonette which is tucked away in historic St Johns Alley. Far larger than it first appears, with more character features than you could ever wish for. The accommodation briefly comprises communal and personal entrance halls, large impressive beamed sitting room with a dining area and a spacious kitchen/breakfast room. On the top floor there is a double bedroom with original ornamental fireplace and an attractive contemporary bathroom. An interesting and unusual period maisonette in a most historic location, right in the very heart of the town. Car parking is available in Station Road car park a ten minute walk away, and a season ticket can be purchased for around £40.00 p.m. Devizes is a splendid historic market town that still hosts a weekly traditional outdoor market. There is an excellent range of shopping facilities and the town provides easy access to the larger cities of Georgian Bath and the cathedral city of Salisbury. There are mainline railway stations at nearby Pewsey and Chippenham(London, Paddington)approx. one hour twenty minutes with junction 17 of the M4 motorway also close at hand. Available mid December. Sorry no pets, smokers or housing benefit. Minimum 1 year contract. Available beginning of March. LONG TERM LET.
You are required to pay a refundable holding deposit equivalent to one week's rent in order to reserve a property which is £160. The purpose of the holding deposit is to enable both the landlord and tenant to demonstrate commitment to entering into a tenancy agreement on the terms agreed whilst reference checks and right to rent checks are undertaken. The holding deposit creates a binding conditional contract between tenant and landlord. Under this contract, the tenant agrees to provide honest representations as to income, tenancy history and references, and to enter into the tenancy under the terms agreed with the landlord.
The holding deposit will be retained by the letting agent if false or misleading information is provided which affects a decision to let the property and calls into question your suitability as a tenant.The holding deposit will be retained by the letting agent if you fail the right to rent check. The holding deposit will be retained by the letting agent if you withdraw from the proposed agreement.The holding deposit will be retained by the letting agent if you fail to take all reasonable steps to enter an agreement when the landlord and/or agent has done so. If we intend to retain the holding deposit, we will advise you in writing the reason for this within 7 days of deciding not to enter an agreement. The holding deposit will be refunded to you if the landlord withdraws from this agreement or the deadline agreement is not met.
For more information on our fees please click here
One month's rent and the equivalent of 5 weeks deposit (£801 minus the holding fee) will be required on the signing of the tenancy agreement.
Please note: We are members of the Property Lettings Ombudsman Scheme and we have Client Money Protection Insurance with Money Shield
Possible additional fees:
- tenancy deposits, which may not exceed the total of five or six weeks rent depending on whether the annual rent is less or more than £50,000
- holding deposits paid before a tenancy agreement is made, which must not exceed one week's rent
- payments required in the event of a default by the tenant in respect to:
- the loss of a key or other security device of the housing
- failure to make a payment of rent in full within 14 days of the due date
- payments for granting requests made by tenants to vary tenancy agreements, which must not exceed £50 or the reasonable costs of granting the request
- payments required where tenants terminate a tenancy agreement before the end of a fixed term agreement or without giving required notice, which must not be more than the actual amount of loss suffered by the landlord
- relevant council tax
- provision of:
- utilities (gas, electric, etc)
- a television licence
- communication services (landline telephone, the internet, cable and satellite television)